Well, hi there! It seems like these days, I know a lot more yogis than I do cooks – so who better than to profile but, uh, ME! I’m Laura, creative director, head honcho, diva supreme and CEO of this here site, Prana & Pie. Here are 20 things about me that I’m sure you didn’t know (unless you’re my parents, and in that case: Hi, Mom and Dad!)
1. The bed has to be made before I’ll get in it.
2. My front four teeth are chipped. I got them bonded when I was 14, and the bonding’s still there.
3. The veins on my left hand spell “YO”.
4. My first pet was Tootsie the hamster. She fell off a swivel chair. R.I.P., Tootsie.
5. I made my prom dress.
6. I won the class spelling bee in second grade, but was too shy to advance to the school-wide spelling bee, so I let the runner-up advance instead.
7. I’ve never broken a bone.
8. I saw The Exorcist when I was 12, and I was convinced the same thing would happen to me. I’m still deathly afraid of the movie.
9. I make songs up about mundane things and sing them to my dogs. Really, really off-key.
10. I stick hairs on the shower wall and then forget to take them off. Eric is not happy about this.
11. My dad used to define time for me in Scooby Doo episodes: “This will take about one and a half Scooby Doo episodes, darlin’.”
12. I learned to drive in a 1963 Saab. I was 10.
13. Splenda makes my tongue numb.
14. I once had my mom sew a Guess label onto my Wal-Mart jeans because I wanted to look cool.
15. I have a habit of standing on the outer edges of my feet when I’m barefoot.
16. I can sing the entire Red Hot Chili Peppers album BloodSugarSexMagik from beginning to end.
17. I wanted to be a UN interpreter. Then life happened.
18. I drink my coffee black.
19. I had a childhood crush on Mike Nesmith from The Monkees. I didn’t realize the show was already 20 years old.
20. I went to a plastic surgeon to have two moles removed. They grew back.
Laura Hobbs: Yogini, cook, wife, writer, blogger, dog lover, cheese fanatic, gardener, wino, travel addict, occasional grumpy pants who lives in aria-inspiring Boulder, Colorado. She’s an intern at elephantjournal.com and the Ambassador and social media guru for Yoga Pod. She’s really glad you read this far.